A scholar says, “Diabetes don’t kill, carelessness does.” Diabetes has spread widely among all the topographical regions with much more incidence in western world. But there is nothing to fear about the malady as there have been huge advance in the pharmaceutical industry in this decade and it has been a piece of cake to control your blood glucose. However, you need to take care of your health and that’s the key to dominate diabetes. I am offering some valuable tips for you to follow to ensure a healthier life even with diabetes and increase your health span as well as life span.
Find here more information about find out more
You need to be responsible, at the top of all and be responsible to follow these few tips that I have listed;
- Always stick to your meal plan and remember; NO EXTRA CALORIES.
- Lose excessive weight.
- Cut off alcohol intake and smoking.
- Cut short your fat intake.
- Regularly monitor your cholesterol, blood pressure and blood glucose levels.
- Never let fasting blood glucose level to go beyond 130mg/dl and random blood glucose level to 180mg/dl.
- Never miss your hypoglycemic medicines.
- Taking care of you heart and blood vessels is also important.
- Last but not the least; keep updating your knowledge about Diabetes.
Foot Care Tips
For those of you who do not know, Diabetes doesn’t pain. In diabetes you don’t feel a lot and sensory system is weak especially in feet. So you need to take care of your feet.
- Observe your feet daily with a magnifying glass for any wounds.
- Wash your feet daily with salted lukewarm water.
- Use foot wear that does not cause any blisters.
- Keep the blood flowing with regular exercise
Skin Care Tips
Diabetes can lead to skin problem which include but not limited to itching, pruritus, infections and ulcers. To minimize the odds of getting a skin problem which is hard to control you must see a doctor if you observe any;
Dental Care Tips
A high blood glucose level makes you vulnerable to dental and gum problems. You can easily avoid the situation if you visit your dentist regularly and never miss your schedules of brushing and floss.
Eye Care Tips
A high blood glucose level can cause many eye problems including diabetic retinopathies and also increase the chances of glaucoma and cataracts many folds. These problems are asymptomatic in early treatable stages and to avoid any risk you need to see your ophthalmologist regularly, at least annually.
If you are travelling you must make sure that you are carrying your medicines, blood test devices, insulin if you take it and some fast acting sugars to treat any possible hypoglycemic comas. It is also useful to carry a Diabetic ID.
I hope this guide will be helpful to attain a healthier and more promising life even with diabetes.